Detergents found in most shampoos produce lather but dries your curls. Cleanse your curls gently with DevaCurl cleansers which are sulfate, paraben and silicone free. Formulated with a rich blend of botanical ingredients, DevaCurl cleansers provide maximum moisturization. When switching from shampoo to DevaCurl, continue your normal cleansing schedule. Once the hair becomes more hydrated and healthy, you can cleanse less often. To prevent tangles and overwashing, use our basic curl cleansing techniques:
- Wet hair thoroughly without disrupting the hair’s basic shape
- Apply cleanser along fingertips, then evenly distribute to fingertips on the other hand
- Apply cleanser directly to the scalp taking care not to disturb the curls
- Firmly massage the entire scalp using circular motions
- Let the water spray through the hair to rinse dirt and product build-up
For detailed cleansing instructions by curl type, we recommend Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey.